Our Family

Our Family
April 29th, 2009 - Madison is 1

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome Madison Nicole Moon!!

Here is our precious new arrival. She was born April 29th, 2008 at 4:52am. She weighed 7 pounds 12 oz. and was 21 inches long. We were in labor since Sunday and didn't have her until 36 hours later. (Yes, I did get the epidural) The delivery went well, I had pushed for about an hour and a half, and then she was here. The whole time I thought she was going to be a boy, wow was I wrong. It is a beautiful surprise, as I couldn't imagine life with out her.

This first week with her has been great and exhausting all at the same time. I can truly see how important it is to have a strong marriage while having children. This experience has only strengthened our relationship, and it's only been a week. :o) She sleeps solid and stays asleep anywhere from 3-4 hours at a time. She is a good sucker, so breastfeeding has been going well (well for her, pain for me)

Corey has been a great father since the beginning. He changes most of her diapers, burps her, and helps with whatever is needed. She looks like Corey. If it wasn't for the fact that I birthed her, I'd be surprised she was mine.

These are some pictures of our sad attempt to be photographers. Since our pictures weren't coming out as good as we had hoped, the next blog shows the professional ones we did today.





1 comment:

Pate Family said...

Oh she is just a doll! And I actually think your tries with pictures are great. Congratulations! Glad you are all doing well.

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008